Friday, February 16, 2007

What was supposed to me a mitten.... turned out too small for my hand... is now a water bottle cozy. haha

I was attempting to make Pirate Mittens from HelloYarn.com but decided to make fingerless gloves instead. Got the first one done, sans the thumb, and tried it on. It was so small. So as I sipped my water, I got a brilliant idea! BOTTLE COZY!
I squeezed the not-so-mitten over the bottle and TA DA! The hippest bottle cozy around!
I even left the green yarn in the supposed thumb placement. Gives it character! :)





















I used brown Highland Wool from Elann.com and the pink is Lamb's Pride that I dyed with koolaid. Size 3 DPNs
My very first color work project.

I ordered a large amount of goodies from various online stores this morning. Now I am counting down the days before they get here.
CANT. WAIT.


And on another note, my new iPod Nano has a new home.

















And, I took one of my "Pen Pal" that I made. I gradually add things to the top of this pen. I just added the green "scarf" for the kitty. HAHA.











Alright, enough foolishness.

Good Night :)
-k

3 comments:

Metro Mari said...

Nice idea!! Love the colors you picked for the bottle cozy!! Nano looks spiffy!

thanks!

C said...

Haha, the mitten-turned-bottle cozy is very cool. Great color combination!

Robiana said...

I know where your photo studio is...bwa haha