Friday, February 23, 2007

Hello! :)

I've been knitting on a pair of socks lately. I finished the first sock and the gauge was a bit off. OOPSIE! so now, it is a slipper sock. A bit too.. bulky.. to be a shoe sock. well, maybe wear them with my slides or sneakers. maybe...
I am knitting with Lion Brand Microspun in LIME GREEN! I absolutely LOVE this color. The yarn is being a snit though. It's diffucult to knit with size 2 needles. I read over in the LiveJournal knitting community that it is easier to crochet with this yarn. I think it makes pretty socks! :)

I have this rather HUGE knitpicks.com order coming to me next week! I am so excited. haha. I wrote about it in my last journal entry but the shipping tracker says that the estimated time it will get here is February 28th. ARG! HURRY UP! LOL But the weather up in... Ohio?... was really bad and they got behind on their shipping because of the mega-blizzard-ish that happened all over that part of the States. So, I understand. I am all excited because I have loads of sock yarn coming and I bought some yarn to make a Clapotis from knitty.com.
I also ordered a full set of DPNs ranging from size 0 to size 8.

ANYWAYS... :) Just because I don't want to post without a picture attached... here is a photo for your viewing pleasure!




What would you do with this yarn? I got it on discount at Hobby Lobby thinking that I would make slipper socks out of them for my friends.
What do you think?

3 comments:

Metro Mari said...

Nice bright yellow!! How about slipper socks? The blue one is great too...I think there is a nifty pattern on the lion brand site. I am making a baby blanket using LIME GREEN too!! I love love love that color! Am mixing it with other colors. I'll post pictures once I have a pattern I am happy with.

Robiana said...

Holy Crap! You have a blogspot. Take a look at mine... (it'll look familiar.) I never post. but I may go back to it...

Anonymous said...

I love the hokey pokey yarn! I've made everything from afghans to baby garments out of it! I'm sure slippers would be great!