Saturday, February 03, 2007

So far this year, I have finished 2 items.
First, a bulky vest knit with Paton's Pebble in the red colorway. It was a close-out sale at the Dollar Tree. :) 2nd picture is more true to color.


















Then I finished the Pinwheel Sweater from Elann.com. I used Caron Simply Soft in Autumn Red and Black. I made several modifications. I knit one more color change before I made the provisional cast on for the sleeves. This was my first time working with a provisional cast on and it was not hard at all. Once I got to the end of making the huge circle, I tried it on and it was not as big as I had hoped it woud be. So I took stitch holders (the kind that look like huge safety pins) and marked where the bend of my leg is at on the circle. Then I picked up the stitches from the first stitch holder up and around the neck and down to the next stitch holder. I knit, keeping with the pattern as before, 3 more color changes and then pick up the stitches along the side edge of the angled piece to give it a finished look... then bind off. You will also keep with the increases as the pattern calls for when you swith to the k 1 row, p 1 row pattern at the end. This makes a nice front angle on each side. I also added a button to make it close real pretty.































Please excuse the mess in my computer/yarn stash room. :) What you see in the 3-drawer stand is just a small fraction of what is actually here.

Currently, I am working on socks! YAY FOR SOCKS!

I have been listening to some neat podcasts lately. I like Unwound, Beneath the Fiber Moon, Lime and Violet, Pointy Sticks, The Mosh Knit, Knitting Psychos... I downloaded all of Knitty D and the City but have not had a chance to listen to them. If you have any suggestions on a good podcast, please let me know! :)

Hope you all are having a good weekend!

1 comment:

Robiana said...

I like the yarns you tell!!! :)