Thursday, April 06, 2006

Hi :)

I have another Blogger blog bloggity blog blog somewhere on there but I totally forgot the user/pass for it. SOOO here I am. back again. weee


I have a livejournal and a myspace account. blogger just adds to my obsession.

speaking of obsession... i love to knit and crochet
Here is my latest FO (finished object)


That's mousey checking out the situation.



Right now, I am working on a knit fish afagan for Andy, my stud muffin.
Here is a link to a pattern for it. I am making it in black, white and grey. I am also using 3 strands held together with size 13 needles so the fish are hella big! I only need 35 of them to make an oversized throw. I am using Caron's simply soft. Andy picked out the yarn :o

Saturday, I think I am going to go into Fayetteville and try to find Hand Held: A knitting gallery. It is a yarn shop with lots of paraphinalia! haha I have not ever been to a REAL yarn shop with lots of yummy wool. I just go to Hobby Lobby, Hancock Fabrics or Wal-Mart.

I am totally going to buy some yarn!!

I made my first pair of socks about a month ago. I knitted them with some worsted acrylic yarn. I bought the book Knit Socks! It is a pretty good book. I recommend it for sock beginners.
It is a pair of slipper socks because the yarn was so thick. I knitted it with a set of 5 size 3 DPNs (double pointed needles). Here is a picture of my first sock!



The sock is really big, especially around the ankles. That is why it looks like I have cankles. hahaha...
I have alot of sock yarn but havent gotten up the courage to make a pair I can wear with socks. Although, knitting socks is alot easier than it sounds... maybe I will try to start a pair this weekend. :)

Alright, Enough for one day!

Take care.

2 comments:

Elabeth said...

Muahahaha Welcome to the Dark Side Karen. I knew you'd end up here eventually. :) That star thing is awesome! Try toe-up socks. I can't make a top down sock that doesn't look all cankley to save my life, but all my toe-up socks are awesome.

Jessica said...

Ok, that's so funny that you found me on crochetville! I did not know you were in to crochet and knit! We need to get together! You must teach me how to knit on dpn's as I want to make socks and I want to go to the yarn shop if you find it! I will send you my E-mail, let me know how you are doing! I love your star - ghan!